Saturday, March 1, 2008

Fly, Fly Away Home

Yes, it's true. Greg starts ground school in Tempe, AZ March 10 for 7-10 weeks. We are thrilled that Greg's dream is coming true, but maybe not so much about his extended absence. I am having trouble wrapping my mind around it being just Joey and me. I'm trying not to worry too much about Joey-he seems to understand, but he is only 6. Luckily, we have a great support system nearby. I am already looking forward to Greg's first visit home in April.
Does anyone want to buy a house?:)
Greg has been working diligently to get our house ready for sale. Ed finished the plans for our dream home, but we are not beginning the new house until our current one belongs to someone else. The timing may make this more challenging (see above), but I really believe that everything works out for the best.
Funny or not so funny? After taking three tests at home and one at the doctor's office, I am sure that Joey will not have a sibling in the next nine months. Yes, my doctor laughed when I said that I took three different tests (he assured me that they are accurate), but he still let me do one at the office to ease my mind.
Me during test one: Holy @#$%, I hope this is negative.
Me during test two: Okay God, if this is what you have in mind, I'll deal.
Me during test three: I still like the name Alex Elizabeth for a girl, but we're going to have to think about a boy name.
Me during test four: Totally disappointed.
Just when I thought I had myself figured out about wanting a baby or not...
Things really do work out for the best.

No comments: