Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sweeney What?

Went to see Sweeney Todd last night. Talk about bizarre shows. I wasn't feeling great and couldn't stop coughing, so I left after Act I as did Mom and Dad. Since I was looking forward to the play, I was disappointed that it wasn't what I hoped it would be. Oh well, they can't all be winners.
Joey spent the night last night with Aunt Cindy. In addition to the play, I had conferences AND Greg is out of town. Joey was fine with an over-nighter; it's his mother who has trouble with the concept. Especially since I am snowed in right now and can't go get him! My four wheel drive will be put to work soon-I want my kid!

Loved the Spiderwick movie. I wouldn't recommend it for kids under 10-it's pretty scary with the goblins attacking and Mulgarath changing forms-but it is very engaging. You also don't need to have read the books either, since the film version was only loosely related. Joey was frightened at times, but he was a real trouper and dealt very well with the scary bits. Usually I don't worry about PG movies, but maybe this one was rated incorrectly...

No comments: