Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Off Again!

Greg leaves for Phoenix tomorrow morning to take a four-hour class. We thought he’d be right back home, but he received notice that his IOE (initial operating experience)[1] begins Friday in Phoenix and ends on Aug. 8! Just in time for Joey’s birthday:) The stinky part is that even though Greg does have a day or two off here and there, it’s not usually enough time for him to come home. He plans to try, but I’m looking at it as another 2 ½ weeks as a single parent:(

We are planning Joey’s birthday party for Aug. 10 hoping Greg will be in town for at least a couple of days before he’s off flying again. We are also trying to come up with a date to celebrate Greg’s “graduation” as a pilot combined with his 40th birthday. It’s just a matter of finding out when he’ll actually be in town!

If you haven't read Such a Pretty Fat (or Why Pie is Not the Answer) or anything else by Jen Lancaster AND you're in the mood for a laugh-out-loud memoir, I would recommend the aforementioned book or its prequel Bitter is the New Black. They are hysterical and her asides have kept me in stitches.

Okay, I am on day 15 of Wii and want to know, really, why I am gaining weight instead of losing it. Actually, if I continue to gain weight when I have been more active for 15 days than I have for 15 weeks or 15 months, then I might just "lose it".

[1] Enough with the acronyms already!

No comments: