Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dumb Bird

I was noticing a lot of weedy, straw-like material being tracked into the kitchen. When I went outside to trace the source, I saw the plant matter hanging from our security light next to the deck door. We are used to birds building nests under our deck, but on top of the light was new and MESSY. Since I was not able to reach the nest or see in it, I took a picture by holding the camera above the nest to make sure it was not in use. I pulled the muddy, empty nest down and Joey carefully placed it in a tree far away from the deck.
The next day...the dumb bird had a new nest built in the same place. Took another picture, pulled the nest down and kicked it off the porch.
The next day...stupid bird had another muddy mess on our light. Ripped the nest down and threw it.
The next day...bird wins.
I hope it's happy.

No comments: