Thursday, January 22, 2009

Calmness in Our Lives

I am not a fan of chain letters, be it snail mail or email. I especially hate the ones that promise something horrible will happen if you don't forward it to 7 friends in 3 minutes. What kind of friend puts that kind of pressure on someone? Having said that, there are certain emails that should certainly be shared with the masses. Here is one that I received today:


CALMNESS IN OUR LIVES
By following simple advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace.

Dr Phil proclaimed, 'The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished.'
So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Chardonnay, a bottle of Pinot Grigio, a bottle of Riesling, half a pizza, a package of Oreos, the remainder of my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the chocolate chip cookies, some puffy Cheetos, and a box of Girl Scout Thin Mints. You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now.

Who can't find the truth in those words of wisdom?

1 comment:

Monica said...

Yeah, this is oh so true, minus the Prozac and wine. My alternative/equivalent to that is being reminded of the mildly delusional people I have treated, and pray I never get that bad.