Wednesday, December 10, 2008

NSTA Conference


After a year's worth of planning, the regional conference for the National Science Teachers' Association has come and gone. I served on the local arrangements committee as the Field Trips Manager-my job? To plan field trips for the 3,000 science teachers who came to Cincinnati for this conference. The experience of attending a conference of this magnitude was incredibly refreshing; the idea that I helped to plan it-inconceivable! The most difficult part was being away from my family for the 4 days-even though the event was held in Cincinnati, my schedule proclaimed a need for close proximity to the venue, hence a hotel room was in order;-) The best part? Working on a project this scale is an experience I am not likely to have again. Meeting the great variety of people was a bonus!
Thanks to Meri for inviting me to participate, my friend and teaching partner Dee for her tremendous support, my family for surviving without me, the committee and volunteers for honoring their commitments and my new friends and acquaintances for making this such a rewarding experience.
Here I come New Orleans (National Conference)!

No comments: